The Bcentennial Farms program honors generations of farmers who have worked to maintain family farms in Illinois. To qualify for Bicentennial Farm status, an agricultural property must have been owned by the same family of descendants for at least 200 years.
There is a $50 fee to offset the cost of the sign.
When certified as a Bicentennial Farm, you receive:
- Road Grade Sign
- Certificate signed by the Director of Agriculture and the Governor
- Press Release to send to your local paper
- Invitation to Agriculture Day at the State Fair
- Search for a Bicentennial Farm
- Bicentennial Farm Program Certification Application 2022
- Bicentennial Farm Program - Recertification and Reorder Form 2022
Click, here for Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
For more information please contact:
Illinois Centennial / Sesquicentennial/Bicentennial Farms Program
Illinois Department of Agriculture Marketing and Promotions
P. O. Box 19281
Springfield, Illinois 62794-9281