Double your budget with 50% cost reimbursement on:
- International web site development
- Foreign market-compliant packaging and labels
- Advertising and public relations
- In-store promotions and product demonstrations
- Fees for exhibiting at select overseas and domestic trade shows
- Marketing and point-of-sale materials
- Freight costs for product samples
Is your company eligible to participate in the Branded Program?
Unfortunately, the program isn't available to everyone. To be eligible, your company must:
- Be a small company (according to Small Business Administration guidelines) or be an agricultural producer cooperative.
- Have a corporate office, production facility or significant product originating from MIATCO's 12-state region.
- Have products that contain at least 50% U.S. agricultural product, exclusive of added water and packaging. (Products must not be covered by another industry group.)
- Be a registered business entity in the United States.
- Have a brand name (or rights to a brand name).
- How Do You Meet the Export Challenge?
- What is the Food Export Association of the Midwest USA's Branded Program?
- What Types of Activities Are Eligible?
- What About the Nuts and Bolts of the Program?
- Yes, I'm Interested in Applying!
To become a successful exporter, you must have the resources to adequately promote your products overseas. Funding available through Food Export Association of the Midwest USA's Branded Program can help!
Food Export Association of the Midwest USA's Branded Program is a cost-share funding program that supports the promotion of branded and private label food and agricultural products in foreign markets. Participant companies receive 50% cost reimbursement for a wide variety of eligible international marketing and promotional activities.
Many international marketing and promotional activities are eligible for 50% cost reimbursement through the program, including:
- Advertising and public relations
- Trade and consumer product demonstrations
- In-store and food service promotions
- Eligible expenses at overseas trade shows (exhibiting fees, rental and set-up costs, freight, etc.)
- Product literature and point-of-sale materials
- Exhibiting fees at approved domestic trade shows (first-time exhibitors only)
- Package and label redevelopment (if the change was necessary to meet foreign importing requirements).
- Freight costs for samples
Note: Eligible promotional expenses incurred by overseas importers and distributors on behalf of U.S. program participants may also qualify for reimbursement under the program.
Click here for a detailed program overview.
You can also access our detailed Branded Program Manual to further familiarize you with the ins and outs of the program.
If you have specific questions about the program, please contact Food Export's Molly Burns, Tel. 312-334-9212, Email email@example.com .
Your first step, if you're interested in applying, is to officially determine if your company is eligible. To do this, you'll need to submit a Pre-Qualification Worksheet.
Once Food Export has received your completed pre-qualification worksheet and determined that your company is eligible, they will email you a 'User ID' and 'Password' that you will need to initiate the online application. * They will also send you a printed copy of the Branded Program Manual, which will provide more detailed program information and facilitate the application process.