Weights & Measures
The Bureau of Weights and Measures serves a valuable consumer and commercial protection function within the Illinois Department of Agriculture. The bureau's pursuit of equity in the marketplace is evident by the variety of services provided to Illinois citizens.
Accurate measurement and delivery of wholesale and retail commodities, monitoring the quality of motor fuel products sold within the state, and maintaining laboratories for metrology standards and grain moisture measurement are the statutory obligations of the bureau. Device inspections and metrology calibrations are performed at nominal fees, generating revenue in financial support of the program.
The Bureau licenses anyone who sells, installs, or repairs commercially used weighing or measuring devices through the Registered Serviceperson Program.
Registered Repair Program:
- Motor Fuel Dispensers by Results
- Motor Fuel Dispensers - Cook and Collar Counties
- Motor Fuel Dispensers - Less Cook and Collar Counties
- Large Scale - 2001 lbs +
- Scales up to 2,000 lbs
- Highway Weight Enforcement Scales
- Grain Moisture Meters and Associated Scales
- Vehicle Tank, Propane and Terminal Meters
- Vehicle Scales
- Decal Order Form
- Illinois Vehicle Scale Installation Permit Application
- Illinois Vehicle Scale Installation Variance Request Form
- Fuel Pump/Scales Complaint Form
- Place in Service Report - Retail Motor Fuel Dispensers
- Place in Service Report - Moisture Meter & Gram Scale
- Place in Service Report - Large & Small Meters
- Place in Service Report - LP Meters
- Place in Service Report - Scales Up To 1000 lbs
- Place in Service Report - 1001 lbs + Capacity Scales